Author Katie Zhao
The Reading Bug is thrilled to present this debut author at your school! We met Katie Zhao at the biggest book conference in the world in New York City this year and fell in love with her new book, Dragon Warrior. We think your child will love this book to which is rich in fantasy and Chinese culture!
Kids will have the chance to meet Katie, understand how the book was researched so they can learn to research their own stories and much more! Be sure to get your author signed copy following the instructions below.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
- Inspired by Chinese mythology, this high-action middle-grade fantasy follows an outcast as she embarks on a quest to prove herself--perfect for fans of Aru Shah and the End of Time and The Serpent’s Secret.
- As a member of the Jade Society, twelve-year-old Faryn Liu dreams of honoring her family and the gods by becoming a warrior. But the Society has shunned Faryn and her brother Alex ever since their father disappeared years ago, forcing them to train in secret.
- Then, during an errand into San Francisco, Faryn stumbles into a battle with a demon--and helps defeat it. She just might be the fabled Heaven Breaker, a powerful warrior meant to work for the all-mighty deity, the Jade Emperor, by commanding an army of dragons to defeat the demons. That is, if she can prove her worth and find the island of the immortals before the Lunar New Year.
- With Alex and other unlikely allies at her side, Faryn sets off on a daring quest across Chinatowns. But becoming the Heaven Breaker will require more sacrifices than she first realized . . . What will Faryn be willing to give up to claim her destiny?
- This richly woven contemporary middle-grade fantasy, full of humor, magic, and heart, will appeal to readers who love Roshani Chokshi and Sayantani DasGupta.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
- Katie Zhao graduated from the University of Michigan with a B.A. in English and a minor in Political Science and completed her Master's in Accounting at the same school. As a sophomore, a story she posted on the online platform Wattpad won a Watty Award and was read by nearly one million people. This is her debut novel. Visit her on Twitter at @ktzhaoauthor.
THEN, select quantities of each title to order (leave quantity as 0 if you do not wish to order a title).
NEXT, add details about your child & school and set personalization options.
FINALLY, add your order to cart, then check-out and pay. Order confirmation will be sent after payment.
Pre-order author signed copies using this form. Books will be delivered to your child's teacher on the day of the event.
Your order can help your school! For every $200 spent, The Reading Bug donates BugBucks to fund school purchases.
Inspired by Chinese Mythology, this fantasy is perfect for fans of Rick Riordan, Roshani Chokshi and Sayantani DasGupta.