Temagami: A Wilderness Paradise (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Features the best canoe, kayak and hiking routes in the wild Temagami region of Ontario.
"Compiled by Hap Wilson, an outdoor writer who has more than thirty years of experience as a wilderness guide . . . personally documented maps . . . far more information than a volume this size might lead the reader to expect."
-- Thunder Bay Chronicle-Journal
Temagami: A Wilderness Paradise is fully updated for the first time in over 10 years.
Temagami is one of the northern hemisphere's most desirable and pristine wilderness areas. Each year thousands visit this 10,000 km2 wilderness area in Central Ontario in search of rugged solitude and authentic backwoods adventure.
This comprehensive guidebook details 25 of the best canoeing, kayaking and hiking routes and contains notes on the region's history, geography, archaeology, flora and fauna, as well as important outfitting, camping and safety tips.
- Temagami to Lake Wanapitei Loop
- Marten River to Wicksteed Loop
- Lake Temagami Circle Loop
- Red Cedar to Jumping Cariboo Lake Loop
- Anima Nipissing and Jackpine Lake Loop
- Rabbit and Twin Lakes Loop
- Turner Lake Loop
- Matabitchuan River Route
- Nasmith and Obabika River Route
- Lady Evelyn, Makobe River, Montreal River Loop
- Anima Nipissing - Montreal River Loop
- Maple Mountain Loop
- Sugar Lake, Muskego River Links
- Gowganda to Elk Lake Route
- Smoothwater Lake, Lady Evelyn River Loop
- Makobe Lake and Trethewey Lake Links
- Smoothwater Lake to Sturgeon River Route.
About the Author
Hap Wilson is a wilderness tripper and guide with over 35 years' experience A self-taught writer, artist and photographer, he is also one of Canada's best-known canoeists and the author of many guidebooks