The Karate Kid: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #6) (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Pop Classics series.
- #2: The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #2) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #3: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #3) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #4: Back to the Future: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #4) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #5: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #5) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #7: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #7) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #8: Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS (Pop Classics #8) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #9: Elf: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #9) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #10: School of Rock: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #10) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #11: A Rugrats Chanukah: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #11) (Hardcover): $18.99
Wax on, wax off! The classic movie about a boy and his karate teacher is now a fun picture book for the whole family!
When The Karate Kid appeared in theaters in 1984, its heartwarming story of an unlikely friendship between a bullied boy and the Japanese maintenance man in his new apartment building became an instant classic. Now the beloved film is reimagined as a cute and colorful picture book, with charming illustrations by Kim Smith. When young Daniel is targeted by students from the Cobra Kai dojo, his neighbor Mr. Miyagi agrees to train him for the upcoming karate tournament. But why is Mr. Miyagi making Daniel wax his cars, sand his deck, and paint his house? Will Daniel ever master the art of karate? This timeless story of overcoming the odds will delight kids, their parents, and anyone who has ever had that one special teacher.
About the Author
Kim Smith is the illustrator behind the Quirk Books Pop Classics series, including Home Alone, Home Alone 2, The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Karate Kid, and Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS. She has illustrated several other children’s books, including The Great Puppy Invasion (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017), Builder Brothers: Big Plans (HarperCollins, 2018), and Boxitects (Clarion Books, 2020), her author/illustrator debut. Kim lives in Calgary, Alberta with her dog, Whisky, and husband, Eric. Visit her online at kimillustration.com.
2020 Children's and Teen Choice Awards Finalist
“The perfect gift for the '80s cinephile in your life.”—Esquire
“Smith’s art is excellent, making the characters cute but not too much so. Her illustrations do a terrific job summing up the key moments of the movie, creating a rich picture of what happens in the film in only 40 pages.”—Comics Worth Reading
Praise for other books in the Pop Classics series:
“Thanks to the delightful illustrations of Kim Smith, families can bond over the lovable alien and his friendship with Elliot in book form.”—Jami Ganz, Entertainment Weekly, on E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
“I was quickly won over by the charm of the writing and the awesome illustrations. Kim Smith's drawings have a distinctive style that imbues life into every single page.”—Sweety High, on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
“A lovely trip down memory lane that you can share with your little ones.”—Neatorama, on Back to the Future
“Kids will delight in the spooky-but goofy story and the surprise at the end, and parents will chuckle at this new take on an old favorite.”—GeekDad, on The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird
“Home Alone: The Classic Illustrated Storybook offers all the fun of the original movie in a darling hardcover package whose read-aloud story teaches lessons about responsibility and the importance of family.”—Pop Culture Insider, on Home Alone