E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #3) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Pop Classics series.
- #1: Home Alone: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #1) (Hardcover): $18.95
- #2: The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #2) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #4: Back to the Future: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #4) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #5: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #5) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #6: The Karate Kid: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #6) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #7: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #7) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #8: Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS (Pop Classics #8) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #9: Elf: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #9) (Hardcover): $18.99
Steven Spielberg’s classic sci-fi story of interplanetary friendship makes a perfect picture book for the whole family.
When E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was released in theaters back in 1982, its bittersweet story enchanted millions and the film surpassed Star Wars to become the highest-grossing movie of all time. Now the cinematic blockbuster is transformed into an illustrated storybook, with colorful, adorable drawings by Kim Smith. Here is a story you can’t help but love: After E.T. is stranded on Earth, he takes refuge with Elliott, a boy in need of a friend. Together they find a way to help E.T. get back home. Along the way, both child and alien learn important lessons about courage, friendship, and the power of imagination. This is the perfect read-along story for children, their parents, and E.T. fans across the universe.
About the Author
Kim Smith is the illustrator behind the Quirk Books Pop Classics series, including Home Alone, Home Alone 2, The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Karate Kid, and Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS. She has illustrated several other children’s books, including The Great Puppy Invasion (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017), Builder Brothers: Big Plans (HarperCollins, 2018), and Boxitects (Clarion Books, 2020), her author/illustrator debut. Kim lives in Calgary, Alberta with her dog, Whisky, and husband, Eric. Visit her online at kimillustration.com.
“Thanks to the delightful illustrations of Kim Smith, families can bond over the lovable alien and his friendship with Elliot in book form.”—Jami Ganz, Entertainment Weekly
“Whimsically retro drawings...animate the story of Elliott, his friends and their secret other-worldly visitor.”—Parade
“Both kids and adults will adore following E.T. and Elliott’s adventures in this charming format, making it a perfect addition to any fan’s library.”—Paste Magazine Online
“I’ve always loved E.T., and the book is a fun way to experience the story with my toddler.”—GeekDad
“The story is a classic that hugs at the heartstrings and exemplifies the true meaning of friendship.”—Geeks of Doom
“With its theme of the kindness of strangers, this story is a great one to open the emotions and imagination of young readers.”—Books for Kids