Rick Steves London (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
From the sacred stones of Westminster Abbey to the top of the London Eye, the city is yours to discover with the most up-to-date 2021 guide from Rick Steves! Inside Rick Steves London you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring London
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from Trafalgar Square and the Tower of London to where to find the best tikka masala or fish and chips
- Connect with local culture: Catch a show in Soho, take afternoon tea, or have a pint of English ale with Londoners in a pub
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a Pimm's Cup
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and world-class museums like the British Museum and the Victoria & Albert
- Day trips to Windsor, Cambridge, and Stonehenge
- Detailed neighborhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, popular British slang, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Updated to reflect changes that occurred during the Covid-19 pandemic up to the date of publication
- Over 600 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick:
Gene Openshaw has co-authored a dozen Rick Steves books, specializing in writing walks and tours of Europe's cities, museums, and cultural sites. He also contributes to Rick's public television series, produces tours for Rick Steves Audio Europe, and is a regular guest on Rick's public radio show. Outside of the travel world, Gene has co-authored The Seattle Joke Book. As a composer, Gene has written a full-length opera called Matter, a violin sonata, and dozens of songs. He lives near Seattle with his daughter, enjoys giving presentations on art and history, and roots for the Mariners in good times and bad.