I Love Being Me: A Child's Guide to Embracing Individuality (Child's Guide to Social and Emotional Learning #3) (Paperback)
Does your child put themselves down frequently? Perhaps they have the tendency to think negatively and doubt their abilities? Do they worry about what other children think about them? These could be signs that your child is struggling with self-acceptance.
This practical guide combines proven cognitive behavioral therapy and mindfulness methods used by child psychologists in schools with simple activities to help your child learn to believe in themselves. So much happens in the primary school years that can impact a child’s emotional well-being, not just now but for years to come.
Topics highlighted throughout this workbook include:
- Recognizing signs of low and high self-worth
- Self-talk and quieting unkind thoughts
- Learning how to empathize
- Loving your body and being comfortable in your skin
- Practicing ways to feel calm
- Reacting to other people's emotions
- Saying hard things with kindness
- Meeting your emotional needs
- Building a love yourself action plan
Your child will be guided with the help of Glow—a friendly and supportive character they can identify with—through fun and engaging activities that are interspersed with useful tips, inspirational statements, and practical information for parents.
About the Author
Poppy O'Neill runs a writers’ retreat in Portsmouth. Her short stories and nonfiction have appeared in various literary magazines and anthologies, and her flash fiction has been long-listed for the Bath Flash Fiction Award and the Bristol Prize. She resides in Chichester, England.