Helen's Big World: The Life of Helen Keller (A Big Words Book #4) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A Big Words Book series.
- #1: Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (A Big Words Book #1) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #3: Jack's Path of Courage: The Life of John F. Kennedy (A Big Words Book #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #5: Abe's Honest Words: The Life of Abraham Lincoln (A Big Words Book #5) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #6: John's Secret Dreams: The Life of John Lennon (A Big Words Book #6) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #7: To Dare Mighty Things: The Life of Theodore Roosevelt (A Big Words Book #7) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #8: Frederick's Journey: The Life of Frederick Douglass (A Big Words Book #8) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #10: Walt's Imagination: The Life of Walt Disney (A Big Words Book #10) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
This picture book biography is an excellent and accessible introduction for young readers to learn about one of the world's most influential luminaries. With her signature style of prose laced with stirring quotes, Doreen Rappaport brings to life Helen Keller's poignant narrative. Acclaimed illustrator Matt Tavares beautifully captures the dynamism and verve of Helen Keller's life and legacy, making Helen's Big World an unforgettable portrait of a woman whose vision for innovation and progress changed America-and the world-forever.
About the Author
Doreen Rappaport has written numerous award-winning books for children, including Freedom Ship and The School Is Not White (both illustrated by Curtis James); Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a Caldecott Honor Book and Coretta Scott King Honor Book illustrated by Bryan Collier; and John's Secret Dreams: The Life of John Lennon, also illustrated by Bryan Collier.
Matt Tavares (www.matttaveres.com) is the illustrator several books, including Lady Liberty: A Biography, written by Doreen Rappaport. Matt lives in Ogunquit, Maine with his wife, Sarah, and their two daughters.
* "Stirring and awe-inspiring."—The Horn Book, starred review