Lord of Chaos: Book Six of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Wheel of Time series.
- #1: The Eye of the World: Book One of The Wheel of Time (Mass Market): $10.99
- #2: The Great Hunt: Book Two of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #3: The Dragon Reborn: Book Three of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #4: The Shadow Rising: Book Four of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #5: The Fires of Heaven: Book Five of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #7: A Crown of Swords: Book Seven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #8: The Path of Daggers: Book Eight of 'The Wheel of Time' (Hardcover): $39.99
- #9: Winter's Heart: Book Nine of The Wheel of Time (Mass Market): $10.99
- #10: Crossroads of Twilight: Book Ten of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #11: Knife of Dreams: Book Eleven of 'The Wheel of Time' (Mass Market): $10.99
- #12: The Gathering Storm: Book Twelve of the Wheel of Time (Mass Market): $10.99
- #13: Towers of Midnight: Book Thirteen of The Wheel of Time (Mass Market): $10.99
- #14: A Memory of Light: Book Fourteen of The Wheel of Time (Mass Market): $10.99
- #15: New Spring: Prequel to the Wheel of Time (Mass Market): $9.99
- #16: The Wheel of Time Companion: The People, Places, and History of the Bestselling Series (Hardcover): $39.99
The Wheel of Time ® is a PBS Great American Read Selection! Now in development for TV!
Since its debut in 1990, The Wheel of Time® by Robert Jordan has captivated millions of readers around the globe with its scope, originality, and compelling characters.
The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.
On the slopes of Shayol Ghul, the Myrddraal swords are forged, and the sky is not the sky of this world;
In Salidar the White Tower in exile prepares an embassy to Caemlyn, where Rand Al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, holds the throne--and where an unexpected visitor may change the world....
In Emond's Field, Perrin Goldeneyes, Lord of the Two Rivers, feels the pull of ta'veren to ta'veren and prepares to march...
Morgase of Caemlyn finds a most unexpected, and quite unwelcome, ally....And south lies Illian, where Sammael holds sway...
TV series update: "Sony will produce along with Red Eagle Entertainment and Radar Pictures. Rafe Judkins is attached to write and executive produce. Judkins previously worked on shows such as ABC’s “Agents of SHIELD,” the Netflix series “Hemlock Grove,” and the NBC series “Chuck.” Red Eagle partners Rick Selvage and Larry Mondragon will executive produce along with Radar’s Ted Field and Mike Weber. Darren Lemke will also executive produce, with Jordan’s widow Harriet McDougal serving as consulting producer." —Variety
The Wheel of Time®
New Spring: The Novel
#1 The Eye of the World
#2 The Great Hunt
#3 The Dragon Reborn
#4 The Shadow Rising
#5 The Fires of Heaven
#6 Lord of Chaos
#7 A Crown of Swords
#8 The Path of Daggers
#9 Winter's Heart
#10 Crossroads of Twilight
#11 Knife of Dreams
By Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
#12 The Gathering Storm
#13 Towers of Midnight
#14 A Memory of Light
By Robert Jordan and Teresa Patterson
The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time
By Robert Jordan, Harriet McDougal, Alan Romanczuk, and Maria Simons
The Wheel of Time Companion
By Robert Jordan and Amy Romanczuk
Patterns of the Wheel: Coloring Art Based on Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time
About the Author
Robert Jordan was born in 1948 in Charleston, South Carolina. He taught himself to read when he was four with the incidental aid of a twelve-years-older brother, and was tackling Mark Twain and Jules Verne by five. He was a graduate of The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics. He served two tours in Vietnam with the U.S. Army; among his decorations are the Distinguished Flying Cross with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with "V" and bronze oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with palm. A history buff, he also wrote dance and theater criticism and enjoyed the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing, and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting. Robert Jordan began writing in 1977 and went on to write The Wheel of Time®, one of the most important and best selling series in the history of fantasy publishing with over 14 million copies sold in North America, and countless more sold abroad. Robert Jordan died on September 16, 2007, after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis.
Praise for The Wheel of Time
“The Wheel of Time [is] rapidly becoming the definitive American fantasy saga. It is a fantasy tale seldom equaled and still less often surpassed in English.” – Chicago Sun-Times
“Jordan’s multi-volume epic [is] a feast for fantasy aficionados.” – Library Journal
“The most ambitious American fantasy saga… [may] also be the finest.” – Booklist
“For those who like to keep themselves in a fantasy world, it’s hard to beat the complex, detailed world created here.” – Locus
Book Six: Lord of Chaos
“Jordan’s talent for sustaining the difficult combination of suspense and resolution, so necessary in a multi-volume series such as this one, is nothing short of remarkable.” – Library Journal
“A great read… Some surprising new developments… A spectacular kidnapping and rescue bring this volume to a (temporarily) satisfying conclusion. This series is so complex, I Can’t recommend starting anywhere but at the beginning, but the volumes only get richer as they go along.” – Locus