Did You Know? Animals: Amazing answers to more than 200 awesome questions! (Why? Series) (Paperback)
On Our Store Shelves Now
From penguins to elephants and snakes to sharks, let your budding zoologist discover incredible facts about animals big and small.
Ever wondered why ducks float or how a spider makes a web? This fascinating animal book reveals the answers to more than 200 intriguing questions children ask about their favorite animals. Let’s explore them all!
Inside the pages of this first encyclopedia about animals, you’ll find:
• Five chapters covering mammals, birds, marine life, creepy-crawlies, and reptiles and amphibians.
• Information that is presented in bite-sized chunks and images that are clearly captioned and annotated.
• Stunning photography of animals in their natural surroundings.
• Answers more than 200 questions about animals, like “Can dogs see color?” or “Why do tigers have stripes?” in an engaging question and answer format.
• “Quick quiz” boxes that allow the reader to test their friends and family on trivia about the animal kingdom.
This fact-packed nature book for kids takes young readers on an epic adventure of exploring the animal kingdom! It’s organized by group and covers all areas of the animal kingdom, from mammals and birds to insects, reptiles and fish. Each page asks a new question and answers it with clear, simple text alongside amazing pictures, providing engaging information to help kids understand all about animal life and behavior.
Created in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution, this updated animal encyclopedia is the perfect addition to any in-school or home library. It features a fresh and simple design approach that keeps the pages clear and easy to navigate. It’s the perfect gift for kids ages 7-9 who are interested in animals and the natural world!
Get your child learning with DK's Did You Know? series of children’s educational books. It’s packed with fantastic facts for curious minds! Look out for Did You Know? Human Body and learn about all aspects of the human body.
About the Author
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in.
From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.