Ride: Cycle the World (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Power up mountain passes in Italy’s Dolomites, tackle Bolivia’s infamous Death Road or go island-hopping in Japan: Ride takes you around the world in search of adventure on two wheels.
Covering 100 incredible cycling routes, this inspirational book will make you reach for your handlebars, whether you’re an experienced, ascent-loving road cyclist or are planning your first bike- packing trip.
Awe-inspiring images and compelling descriptions of each ride will have you itching to jump in the saddle, while handy maps, elevation profiles and practical information – including things like distance, difficulty and road surface – will help you plan the nitty gritty of your trip. We’ve also included the best places to explore along the way – whether that’s refuelling spots, epic viewpoints or nearby must-see sights – as well as suggestions for alternative ways to tackle a route.
This beautiful bike book features:
- Covers 100 rides, from day cycles around cities to epic journeys across continents.
- Beautifully designed gift book with stunning photography throughout.
- Inspirational travel guide for anyone planning a cycling holiday.
- A carefully curated selection of rides, chosen by cycling and travel experts.
- Infographics provide an easy-to-digest overview of each ride.
- Includes maps and elevation profiles.
- Features top tips on cycle touring.
Rides are arranged within each chapter geographically, and include the duration and a difficulty rating to help make it easy for readers to find rides that suit their timeframe and ability level. Each chapter covers a different continent (North America, Central and South America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Australasia) whilst offering top tips for getting the most out of each ride – including recommended stops, viewpoints on route andhow to make the ride shorter/longer depending on how much time you have.
Ride is also jam-packed with facts and figures on the world’s most famous cyclists and iconic races, plus information on the history of cycling, how to choose a bike and what kit to take.