Cruel and Unusual: Scarpetta 4 (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #5: The Body Farm (Large Print / Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #9: Point of Origin Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #9) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #10: Black Notice Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #10) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #11: The Last Precinct Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #11) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #12: Blow Fly Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #12) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #20: The Bone Bed (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #21: Dust (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
"Killing me won't kill the beast" are the last words of rapist-murderer Ronnie Joe Waddell, written four days before his execution. But they can't explain how Dr. Kay Scarpetta finds Waddell's fingerprints on another crime scene -- after she'd performed his autopsy. If this is some sort of game, Scarpetta seems to be the target. And if the next victim is someone she knows, the punishment will be cruel and unusual...
About the Author
Patricia Cornwell is recognized as one of the world’s top bestselling crime authors with novels translated into thirty-six languages in more than 120 countries. Her novels have won numerous prestigious awards including the Edgar, the Creasey, the Anthony, the Macavity, and the Prix du Roman d’Aventure. Beyond the Scarpetta series, Cornwell has written a definitive book about Jack the Ripper, a biography, and two more fiction series among others. Cornwell, a licensed helicopter pilot and scuba diver, actively researches the cutting-edge forensic technologies that inform her work. She was born in Miami, grew up in Montreat, NC, and now lives and works in Boston. Find out more at PatriciaCornwell.com, at Facebook.com/Patricia.Cornwell, on Twitter: @1pcornwell, and on Instagram: @1pcornwell.
"Ingenious...a first-rate storyteller."
-- Los Angeles Times Book Review
"Engrossing...an extremely effective novel of suspense, in all its varieties...Corwell's sleuth is the best in the business."
-- Entertainment Weekly
"Classic Cornwell...chilling...riveting...utterly convincing."
-- Richmond Times-Dispatch