An Impossible Impostor (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #7) (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the A Veronica Speedwell Mystery series.
- #1: A Curious Beginning (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #1) (Paperback): $15.00
- #2: A Perilous Undertaking (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #2) (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: A Treacherous Curse (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.00
- #4: A Dangerous Collaboration (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: A Murderous Relation (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: An Unexpected Peril (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: A Sinister Revenge (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #8) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #9: A Grave Robbery (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $28.00
While investigating a man claiming to be the long-lost heir to a noble family, Veronica Speedwell gets the surprise of her life in this paperback reprint from New York Times bestselling and Edgar® Award–nominated author Deanna Raybourn.
London, 1889. Veronica Speedwell and her natural historian beau, Stoker, are summoned by Sir Hugo Montgomerie, head of Special Branch. He has a personal request on behalf of his goddaughter, Euphemia Hathaway. After years of traveling the world, Euphemia's eldest brother, Jonathan, heir to Hathaway Hall, was believed to have been killed in the catastrophic eruption of Krakatoa a few years before.
But now a man matching Jonathan’s description and carrying his possessions has arrived at Hathaway Hall with no memory of his identity or where he has been. Could this man truly be Jonathan, back from the dead? Or is he a devious impostor, determined to gain ownership over the family's most valuable possession—a legendary parure of priceless Rajasthani jewels? It's a delicate situation, and Veronica is Sir Hugo's only hope.
Veronica and Stoker agree to go to Hathaway Hall to covertly investigate the mysterious amnesiac. Veronica is soon shocked to find herself face-to-face with a ghost from her past. To help Sir Hugo discover the truth, she must open doors to her own history that she long believed to be shut for good.
About the Author
Deanna Raybourn is the New York Times bestselling and Edgar® Award–nominated author of the Veronica Speedwell Mysteries, the Lady Julia Grey series, and several standalone novels including KILLERS OF A CERTAIN AGE. She lives in Virginia with her family.
"Even after seven books, readers can still be surprised with the stories from Veronica’s unknown past. Fans of the series will delight in the continued adventures and relationship of the intrepid pair."--Library Journal (starred review)
"Might be the most dramatic Veronica Speedwell title to date....Raybourn keeps character development and keen historical insight at the forefront of this exceptional series."--Booklist