The Great Brain Is Back (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the The Great Brain series.
- #1: The Great Brain (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: More Adventures of the Great Brain (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Me and My Little Brain (The Great Brain #3) (Paperback): $7.99
This classic trickster is back again, and he's up to no good in his eighth and final book of the series. Great mix of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Terrible Two series, and is perfect for fans of Roald Dahl.
Tom D. Fitzgerald--better known as The Great Brain--has turned thirteen, and pretty Polly Reagan has put a spell on him. But when it comes to swindling his younger brother J. D., and all the other kids in Adenville, Tom hasn't changed a bit. The Great Brain is back one more time, and he's at the top of his form with his money-making schemes and getting into big trouble. As always, life is more exciting when this brain's around!
About the Author
John D. Fitzgerald was born in Utah and lived there until he left at eighteen to begin a series of interesting careers ranging from jazz drummer to foreign correspondent. His stories of The Great Brain were based on his own childhood in Utah with a conniving older brother named Tom. These reminiscences led to eight memorable Great Brain books. John D. Fitzgerald also wrote several best-selling adult books, including Papa Married a Mormon. He died in Florida, his home of many years, at the age of eighty-one.
Praise for The Great Brain series:
* "A funny, fast-moving, endearing book that [readers] will lap up!"—Kirkus Reviews, starred review for The Great Brain
* [The Great Brain] emerges as possibly the youngest, and certainly one of the most engaging, con men in print!"--School Library Journal on More Adventures of the Great Brain
"Amusing and touching, poking gentle fun at human foibles, this lively story of another day should please readers on any age level."--Chicago Tribune on More Adventures of the Great Brain
* "J. D. is ready to apply all the tricks he has learned . . . As amusing as the exploits of his brainy older brother!"--School Library Journal on Me and My Little Brain
"As entertaining as ever...readers will fall happily under The Great Brain's spell."--School Library Journal on The Great Brain Does it Again
"That turn-of-the-century con man extraordinaire, The Great Brain, returns . . . for summer vacation. He tops his own record for double-dealing."--Horn Book on The Great Brain Reforms
“A great way to introduce a new generation of youngsters to an entertaining series”—School Library Journal on The Great Brain is Back
A satisfying addition to a series that continues to attract young readers.”—Booklist on The Great Brain is Back