Blood and Gold (Vampire Chronicles #8) (Mass Market)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Vampire Chronicles series.
- #1: Interview with the Vampire (Vampire Chronicles #1) (Paperback): $18.00
- #2: The Vampire Lestat (Vampire Chronicles #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: The Queen of the Damned (Vampire Chronicles #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: The Tale of the Body Thief (Vampire Chronicles #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Memnoch the Devil (Vampire Chronicles #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: The Vampire Armand (Vampire Chronicles #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Merrick (Vampire Chronicles #7) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Blackwood Farm (Vampire Chronicles #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Blood Canticle (Vampire Chronicles #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: Prince Lestat: The Vampire Chronicles (Paperback): $18.00
- #12: Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis: The Vampire Chronicles (Hardcover): $35.00
- #13: Blood Communion: A Tale of Prince Lestat (Vampire Chronicles #13) (Paperback): $16.00
“RICE WRITES WITH HER USUAL EROTIC AND HISTORICALLY EVOCATIVE FLAIR.”
Once a proud Senator in Imperial Rome, Marius is kidnapped and forced into that dark realm of blood, where he is made a protector of the Queen and King of the vampires–in whom the core of the supernatural race resides. Through his eyes we see the fall of pagan Rome to the Emperor Constantine, the horrific sack of the Eternal City at the hands of the Visigoths, and the vile aftermath of the Black Death. Ultimately restored by the beauty of the Renaissance, Marius becomes a painter, living dangerously yet happily among mortals, and giving his heart to the great master Botticelli, to the bewitching courtesan Bianca, and to the mysterious young apprentice Armand. But it is in the present day, deep in the jungle, when Marius will meet his fate seeking justice from the oldest vampires in the world. . . .
About the Author
Anne Rice is the author of thirty-seven books, including the Vampire Chronicles, the Lives of the Mayfair Witches, and the Wolf Gift book series. Rice was born in New Orleans in 1941 and grew up there and in Texas. She lived in San Francisco with her husband, the poet and painter, Stan Rice until 1988, when they returned to New Orleans to live with their son, Christopher. In 2006, Rice moved to Rancho Mirage, California. She died in 2021.
“Tantalizing . . . Sustains its impact from start to finish.”
“A MARVELOUS ADVENTURE . . . Rice continues to be a fascinating, immensely talented writer; she’s taking risks that few other popular authors would even contemplate. Readers . . . will be enthralled.”
–The Dallas Morning News
“DIFFICULT TO PUT DOWN. This is perhaps, the finest Vampire Chronicle [Rice] has penned.”
–Lambda Book Report