Amsterdam Like a Local: By the people who call it home (Local Travel Guide) (Hardcover)
If you’re looking for the ultimate European getaway, Amsterdam won’t disappoint!
Iconic canals, centuries-old townhomes, cobblestone lanes and flower-adorned bridges. Amsterdam is truly one-of-a-kind and offers so many different kinds of experiences. Use the travel tips from this ultimate Amsterdam travel book to plan your trip to the Netherlands!
Beyond the well-trodden sights, there’s a secret side of the city — and who better to guide you to it than the locals? This travel guide to Amsterdam includes:
• Two-color, bold, modern design with contemporary illustrations throughout
• Authors are true locals and have been picked for having their fingers on the pulse and their diverse tastes. Their suggestions and advice sit alongside quotes from Amsterdam creatives, performers, volunteers and business leaders to give the book a local feel
• A narrative style throughout, making the local, personal voice central to every entry
• Structured by six themes and subsequent sub-themes — rather than areas — to echo how people are traveling, rather than where. For example, Eat, Drink, Shop, Art and Culture, Nightlife
• Each entry includes its unique address so readers can pinpoint precisely where they are heading
• Each theme ends with a tour spread, dedicated to a specific interest or experience. For example, A Foodie Tour of Oud-West, and Art and Antiques Shopping in the Spiegelkwartier
Amsterdam is as pretty as a postcard! You can’t walk a mile without bumping into a masterpiece in this city. Besides its cultural attractions like the Anne Frank House, Rijksmuseum, and Van Gogh museum, the Dutch capital also has leafy parks, hip shops, craft breweries and some of Europe's hottest clubs. From taking a bicycle tour through the polder landscape in Amsterdam Noord to relaxing at a canalside bruin café (traditional Dutch pub) in Jordaan, this Amsterdam guidebook helps you to experience the real side of Amsterdam.
Additional tidbits to expand your experience are peppered throughout this local guide to Amsterdam. For example, local tips and recommendations for exploring this vibrant city, secret places that only a local would know, hands-on experiences (cookery classes and art workshops), and ideas for traveling solo, in a pair and in a crowd. It also includes tips on how to travel sensibly in a post-Covid world without compromising on experience.
From New York and London to Paris and Tokyo, there are more places to discover with these niche local guides! Written by the people who call it home, the Like A Local series from DK takes you beyond the tourist track to experience the heart and soul of each city!