The Skeleton Inside You (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2) (Paperback)
Read and find out all about what a skeleton can do in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
Your skeleton helps you leap, somersault, and touch your toes—without it, you would be as floppy as a beanbag! There are over 200 bones living and growing inside you that make up your skeleton. There are also ligaments and joints that hold your bones together, and cartilage in your bendable parts like your ears and your nose. Read and find out more in Skeleton Inside You!
This is a clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom. Now updated with a new cover look, this book features content-rich vocabulary, fascinating side bars and diagrams, and beautifully detailed illustrations.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
About the Author
True Kelley has illustrated many favorite books for children in her fun-filled watercolor style, including several in the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science series. She and the author previously collaborated on What Makes a Magnet? and What the Moon is Like?
True Kelley lives in Warner, New Hampshire.