The Bone Thief: A Body Farm Novel (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Body Farm Novel series.
- #1: Carved in Bone (Body Farm Novel #1) (Large Print / Paperback): $24.95
- #2: Flesh and Bone: A Body Farm Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #3: The Devil's Bones: A Novel (Body Farm Novel #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #4: Bones of Betrayal: A Body Farm Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #6: The Bone Yard (Body Farm Novel #6) (Large Print / Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #7: The Inquisitor's Key: A Body Farm Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #8: Cut to the Bone: A Body Farm Novel (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #9: The Breaking Point Lib/E: A Body Farm Novel (Body Farm Novels (Audio) #9) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
- #10: Without Mercy Lib/E: A Body Farm Novel (Body Farm Novels (Audio) #10) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price.
It seems a routine case for Dr. Bill Brockton, the exhumation of a body to obtain a bone sample for a DNA paternity test. But a shocking discovery awaits Brockton and his colleagues when the coffin is opened: the corpse inside has been horribly violated. The grisly find embroils the Body Farm's founder in a dangerous investigation into a flourishing black market in body parts, as Brockton is recruited for an FBI sting to bring down a postmortem chop shop—using corpses from the Body Farm as bait.
But as he descends deeper into a ghoulish empire on the trail of a ruthless grave robber, Brockton faces a devastating choice that could compromise the investigation and place him in even graver peril. And for the sake of a damaged friend—a medical examiner who has lost his hands—Brockton may be forced to risk his principles, his freedom . . . and even his life.
About the Author
Jefferson Bass is the writing team of Jon Jefferson and Dr. Bill Bass. Dr. Bass, a world-renowned forensic anthropologist, is the creator of the University of Tennessee's Anthropology Research Facility, widely known as the Body Farm. He is the author or coauthor of more than two hundred scientific publications, as well as a critically acclaimed memoir about his career at the Body Farm, Death's Acre. Dr. Bass is also a dedicated teacher, honored as U.S. Professor of the Year by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. Jon Jefferson is a veteran journalist, writer, and documentary filmmaker. His writings have been published in the New York Times, Newsweek, USA Today, and Popular Science and broadcast on National Public Radio. The coauthor of Death's Acre, he is also the writer and producer of two highly rated National Geographic documentaries about the Body Farm.