The 6th Extinction: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #9) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Sigma Force Novels series.
- #1: Map of Bones: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #1) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Black Order: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #2) (Large Print / Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #3: The Judas Strain CD: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #3) (CD-Audio): Email or call for price.
- #4: Last Oracle: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #4) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: The Doomsday Key: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #5) (Large Print / Paperback): $30.44
- #6: The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #6) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #7: Bloodline: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #7) (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: The Eye of God: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #8) (Paperback): $16.99
- #10: The Bone Labyrinth: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: The Seventh Plague: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #11) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #12: The Seventh Plague: A Sigma Force Novel (Sigma Force Novels #12) (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #13: Crucible: A Thriller (Sigma Force Novels #13) (Large Print / Paperback): $28.99
- #15: The Last Odyssey: A Thriller (Sigma Force Novels #15) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #22: Kingdom of Bones: A Thriller (Hardcover): $28.99
A remote military research station sends out a frantic distress call, ending with a chilling final command: Kill us all! Personnel from the neighboring base rush in to discover everyone already dead-and not just the scientists, but every living thing for fifty square miles is annihilated: every animal, plant, and insect, even bacteria.
The land is entirely sterile-and the blight is spreading.
To halt the inevitable, Commander Gray Pierce and Sigma must unravel a threat that rises out of the distant past, to a time when Antarctica was green and all life on Earth balanced upon the blade of a knife. Following clues from an ancient map rescued from the lost Library of Alexandria, Sigma will discover the truth about an ancient continent, about a new form of death buried under miles of ice.
From millennia-old secrets out of the frozen past to mysteries buried deep in the darkest jungles of today, Sigma will face its greatest challenge to date: stopping the coming extinction of mankind.
But is it already too late?
About the Author
James Rollins is the author of international thrillers that have been translated into more than forty languages. His Sigma series has been lauded as one of the “top crowd pleasers” (New York Times) and one of the "hottest summer reads" (People magazine). In each novel, acclaimed for its originality, Rollins unveils unseen worlds, scientific breakthroughs, and historical secrets—and he does it all at breakneck speed and with stunning insight. He lives in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
“The science... reads like the best of Michael Crichton. The machinations of government read like the best of David Baldacci. And the action and thrills read like the best of Clive Cussler. Rollins takes the best of all of these and creates an amazing thriller unlike any other.”
— Associated Press on Bloodline on THE EYE OF GOD
” . . . this is your summer beach read writ large.”
— New York Journal of Books on THE EYE OF GOD
“Rollins has done it again. Real history and science play a key role in all of the action, which never wanes. Amid all of the chaos are some terrific characters who get a chance to shine. Definitely keep an eye out for this one.”
— Library Journal (starred review) on THE EYE OF GOD
“The book has everything the genre demands: Nazis, ancient maps, alien life forms, a ticking nuclear clock, and exotic, deadly beasts. Rollins makes it all believable, and ties everything together in a satisfying climax that hints at more adventures to come.”
— Publishers Weekly on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“This is another fast-paced mixture of real science, real history, and wild speculation. For speed freaks (narrative speed, that is), Rollins always delivers the goods. Readers, start your engines.”
— Booklist on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“Adventure, history, science, and technology-sheer perfection from an author who is used to giving exactly that every time he tells a tale!”
— Suspense Magazine on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“Best-selling author Rollins has again crafted an excellent nail-biting thriller that all action adventure readers will love. Rollins always provides author notes with the science and historical facts behind his stories, and the creatures the team encounter are frighteningly possible!”
— Library Journal (starred review) on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“...[I]mmediately brought to mind the works of Michael Crichton at his best. With the constant action supported by more than a helping of science, Rollins constructs a rare story of the fantastic that feels real.”
— Examiner.com on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“[This] is everything-but-the-kitchen-sink storytelling at its most unpredictable.”
— Fort Worth Star-Telegram on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“Another winner. Rollins takes truth and stretches it to create an intense and believable plot, combining pulsating adventure, intriguing history, and cutting-edge advances in science and technology.”
— Crimespree Magazine on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“The 6th Extinction is a thrilling novel that not only entertains, but makes the reader think a great deal.”
— Huffington Post on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“Rollins’ smart writing gives us the adventure, the humor, the humanity, and the adventure- nothing is wasted, and nothing is sacrificed.”
— Mustard Seed Thoughts on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“If you’re a fan of science-themed or techno-thrillers but you don’t know author James Rollins and the Sigma Force series, it’s past time to join the party.”
— Sciencethrillers.com on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“The action is of course nonstop and over the top, as readers have come to expect and enjoy from Rollins, while the science is startling and fascinating.”
— Book Banter on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“This is an exciting -- and scary -- legitimate page turner.”
— Examiner.com on THE 6TH EXTINCTION
“The epitome of suspense. The 6th Extinction is relentlessly exciting and thought provoking.”
— Portland Book Review on THE 6TH EXTINCTION