Curbside pick-ups and COVID FAQs
As we work hard to protect the health of our customers, community and staff in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, shopping with us is a little bit different. Some of the changes and how to shop easily and safely with us are outlined below. We hope we'll see you shopping soon (and often!). Thanks for your support.
When is The Reading Bug bookstore open?
The Reading Bug bookstore is now open the following days/times:
- Tuesday - Saturday 11:00AM - 1:00PM and 3:00PM - 5:30PM
- Sunday 11:00AM - 1:00PM
- We are closed Mondays
- Hours are subject to change.
During store hours, you can:
- Pick-up items that were ordered online at thereadingbug.com.
- Shop for in-store books and gifts with the assistance of our staff.
- Just say "hello!"
---------------------Ordering Online and Picking Up In-Store ------------------------------------
What's the process for ordering items online and picking up at The Reading Bug bookstore?
Ordering online is the most convenient way to shop for millions of books, gift items, gift cards and more. We hope you'll love it.
- Just search for items at www.thereadingbug.com, add them to your cart and pay.
- Select "pick-up" at check-out if you want to pick up at the store, otherwise, select a shipping method.
- We'll let you know as soon as your items are ready - by email.
- Come to the front of the store during any of the hours listed above and pick up from our low-contact pick-up kiosk.
- PLEASE WEAR A MASK AND TAKE PRECAUTIONS TO MAINTAIN APPROPRIATE SOCIAL DISTANCE FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS.
You can order from millions of book titles and gift items online - but only some of those are in-stock in our store right now. Here's how to understand our site and ordering/delivery timelines:
- For Books, here are some tips to help you understand what the AVAILABILITY of each book you search means (note that, in some cases, COVID-19 is causing disruptions to normal ordering/inventory. If an item listed as available becomes unavailable, our staff will let you know ASAP):
- On Our Store Shelves Now: Place your order! We have it on our shelves at The Reading Bug! It should be available for pick-up or shipping in 48 hours or less.
- In Our Warehouse - Expected arrival in 2-5 days: Place your order! These books will either ship to our store (pick-up) or directly to you (shipping) from supplier sites around the country. In most cases it should be available for pick-up or shipping in about 5 days.
- Backordered: Place an order and we will let you know when to expect your book, but timing is currently unknown
- Not Available at This Time: Unfortunately, the book is not available in our store or in our warehouse. This could change.
- Pre-order: Place your order! The book hasn't been published yet, but it will be ready for pick-up or shipping once published!
- For Gift Items - games, toys, puzzles, accessories, etc - all listed items should be in stock on our shelves at The Reading Bug except those showing as "Out of Stock". Gift items ordered should be available for pick-up or shipping in 48 hours or less.
---------------------Shopping at The Reading Bug Bookstore ------------------------------------
Can I shop in person at the bookstore?
Yes! Although we are taking precautions to help protect the safety of our customers, community and staff. So, shopping with us will be a little different. Here's how it works...
- Our doors will be open and we have created space at the front of the store for you to enter and view in-store items. It's like a showroom!
- You can also browse items in our windows.
- Cash registers/check-out have been relocated to the front of the store. Simply ask a store employee for assistance to retrieve your item.
- Got questions? Need recommendations? No problem, our staff will bring books and gift items to you!
- You can pay upfront with limited contact.
- All handled, un-purchased merchandise will be temporarily pulled out of circulation for sanitization.
Unfortunately, we will not be allowing customers all the way into the store to browse at this time. Books and gifts (especially ones for children) are meant to be loved and handled - and we simply can't keep the store safe without limiting contact.